chandilier

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Where Did 2008 Go???

My how time flies! I cannot believe today is the last day of 2008...
Over the past year, I've continued to stay busy with real estate, closing somewhere around 18 transactions. I didn't exactly meet my personal goal but considering the economy, I suppose I should not be disappointed.
Brian continues to steadily and diligently work out of the home and has made great progress on some of his newest projects. (One of those projects was babymaking--just kidding!!!) We decided just after Easter that we were ready and open to becoming parents, and the Lord allowed this to happen at the end of April!
During the Summer, we started visiting Churches in Chapin and feel that we were led to Chapin United Methodist. We've been attending Church there but are still members of First Baptist of Columbia. After much thought and rationalization, we feel this was best for our family due to the distance. We truly are blessed and more than thankful for the friends we've made at FBC over the past 4 years. Those friends will remain close to our hearts and we get together as much as we can. Hopefully, when Cannon arrives, I'll be able to see "my girls" more often!:)
My 10 year high school reunion was in August, and even though it was great fun, those of us on the planning committee were happy to see it come and go! It was enjoyable catching up with so many people, especially since I'm in contact with only about 4 "old friends" from North Augusta High.
In November, we took an overnight vacation to the mountains of NC, which was much needed! Brian and I had great fun just goofing off and not working! It was more than refreshing.
In 2008, we traveled to visit Brian's mom in Princeton, WV 4 times! I think that's a record! I'm not sure how often we'll go up in 2009, but maybe Grammie Powell can come down "South" more than she was able to in 2008:)
This past year, I was able to see my nephew, Dylan, play in his first football game--proudly might I add :-). My niece, Shelby, had her third dance recital in 2008, and I loved every minute of it! She always shines!!!
My family continues to do well (with the exception of Grandpa and Parkinson's as well as the other ailments that go along with it.) PRAISE GOD that Mom FINALLY got a day job after 21 years of working day and night 12 hour shifts. It's done her body so much good to get on a routine!
This was a busy year but nowhere in comparison to what 2009 holds...

This year, I'd like for us to grow closer to the Lord and for us to learn to be the parents we are capable of! Hopefully, we'll finalize our house plans and perhaps get started on lining up things on the construction end late in 2009... I will continue to sell real estate in 2009 and have 4 listings lined up for the month of January. (I pray that the market will bounce back for the sake of my clients!)

1 comment:

amjackson said...

I was thinking that we would be able to see pics of Cannon on here by now.....I guess he wanted to be a 2009 baby!! :)