chandilier

Friday, December 5, 2008

Getting Ready for Class....

Tomorrow, we are going to the "Your Special Delivery" class at Lexington Medical Center from 9-3! Pray that they don't show any videos or discuss blood, etc. since my sweet husband may pass out--hence the reason he is not going to be in the delivery room on the special day.

We are excited that the time is just around the corner and we'll be able to meet this gift from above. Sometimes, I feel bad because Brian doesn't get to feel this amazing little being move around morning, noon and night. It's such a miracle that this baby is a part of both of us and at the same time is going to be so different! I cannot wait to see who he acts like and sounds like. :-) I hope he gets his Daddy's intelligence and maybe he'll get my "social" ability to talk to anything and anyone. :-)

I've started feeling a bit of nervousness about the eminient birth of Cannon, and even though I'm reading everything I can get my hands on, I realize that there's nothing that can quite prepare us for the big event. I've still got lots of questions but try not to bombard my doctors all at once but rather only ask the most relevant ones for the time being.

This Monday, I will have my 35 Week check-up and they'll do another ultrasound. Last Monday, I went in because I've been having these weird weightlessness/numbness bouts. The doctors did a US and sent me to have an EEG (this was fun since they taped all of these sticky things all in my hair). At any rate, they wanted to be sure my brain was functioning and that I wasn't having some type of seizures. I don't know if my brain has ever functioned correctly--haha. I don't know what the Neurologist found on the test, if anything, but if I were a betting woman, I'd say the feelings of numbness are because Cannon is getting very BIG! He was weighing about 5lbs 8oz. last Monday. The amnio fluid was on the low end as well, so this is something they'll keep a close eye on....Carrie, the Ultrasound Tech said that if it keeps going down, this would be a cause to induce....so, maybe we'll have a Christmas baby.

Brian made a prediction the other day that Cannon is going to make his arrival on Dec. 22nd! We'll see! At any rate, it's too funny because Brian told me the other day, "Kara, that's so weird because I can see where your old body was......" He's amazed at how the body can accommodate a baby. :-)

No comments: